Happy June! If you’re a teacher, you know that the beginning of June means one thing: SUMMER BREAK APPROACHETH! I am so ready for the sunny days and the summer haze. There’s just something about summer that makes everything more fun – the bright colors, the gorgeous (or smoldering) weather, tan lines, you name it. Although I’ll be busy all summer with my school age kiddos for our center’s Summer Camp, the new season still brings with it an innate feeling of fun and rejuvenation.
Central Virginia took its time warming up for summer this year, but boy is it feeling like summer now! And to me, warm weather screams SLUSHIES! Although I’m a faithful 7/11 slurpee lover, I think this sangria slushie takes home the prize this summer. And it’s SO easy! Kick back this weekend and celebrate with a cool, refreshing, homemade sangria slushie. You won’t regret it! You may just thank me for it. 😉
- Your favorite red wine (I used Merlot)
- 2 cups of frozen peaches
- 1 cup of frozen blackberries
- 4 oz Triple Sec orange liqueur
- Fill up a ice tray with red wine and let freeze overnight.
- In a blender, combine wine ice cubes, orange liqueur, and frozen fruit.
- Blend until smooth, and enjoy!